Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
Prospera® Credit Union is a local, member-owned financial institution in the Fox Valley area. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and an opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented atmosphere! If you are interested in joining a growing team, please see our job opportunities listed below.
Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for the development of new business relationships with prospective members and increasing business with present members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prospects and networks in the community to develop new long-term, mutually beneficial relationships, focusing on the promotion of the credit union’s products and services to increase new accounts, deposits and loan relationships through a consultative selling approach.
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities to current members through in-person sessions, as well as by telephone, written correspondence and external sales calls.
- Discusses member needs and/or concerns and arranges for meetings between members or prospective members and representatives of various functional areas.
- Increases market presence by consistently and effectively networking with the community and maintains a favorable community image.
- Participate in local area trade shows, community events, and educational seminars. These functions may be after normal business hours.
- Assists the marketing department in developing promotional strategies to meet business development goals; provides feedback on promotional materials.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Two to five years of business development experience is required, and experience in retail banking and /or financial services is highly preferred.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- Must possess strong sales and service skills and with demonstrated success in generating new business leads and meeting sales goals.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships within centers of
- Ability to maintain and foster positive relationships with our members, sponsoring companies, and other employees.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and the ability to communicate the features and benefits of our products and services.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify obstacles and develop solutions to maximize these opportunities.
- Manage a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Financial Consultant Associate
The role of the Financial Consultant Associate is to establish value-added relationships with credit union members and future members. He/she will work as part of the team to maximize sales efforts and build effective and valued relationships. He/she will also work with other team members, providing education on investment services and products offered.
Financial Planning/Building Relationships
- Assists members and non-members plan for their financial and tax futures.
- Effectively establishes relationships with new prospects, exploring and identifying their needs and then offering appropriate solutions in a compelling way so the prospect sees the value, understands the features and benefits and purchases the solution.
- Builds relationships with existing members and prospects outside of Prospera Credit Union to bring in new client relationships.
- Develops relationships with current clients of the Investment Services program.
- Maintain up-to-date familiarity with investment products portfolio as well as all other financial products offered through the credit union.
- Collaborate with credit union team members to provide the best products for the different life stages of each unique member.
Tax Planning and Preparation:
- Assist our members in their tax planning and preparation by meeting with members, gathering tax information and producing draft returns to be finalized by a partner tax preparation firm.
- Assist with, participate in and lead educational workshops on various subjects to market and promote our services to both members and non-members.
- Educate our branch teams on the investment products and services offered.
A successful candidate will display the traits of honesty, a good work ethic and the passion to work as part of a dedicated team of individuals who provide personal, tailored financial guidance to every individual who walks through our doors. He/she will mirror the social and culture values of Prospera Credit Union and will strive to find success in every opportunity.
The candidate will have the following licenses:
- Life and Health Insurance License
- FINRA Series 7
- FINRA Series 66
- 1-3 years previous securities experience
- Proven track record of identifying sales opportunities and closing business professionally.
Skills, Traits, and Characteristics
- Excellent member service and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to build credibility and trust with client base
- Excellent written and verbal (face to face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- Must be comfortable speaking in public and presenting educational workshops on various financial topics
- Team player who can build strong relationships with all members of the Prospera team
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and efficiently using internet resources
Member Service Representative
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing professional, friendly and personalized member service during each interaction.
- Accurately processing a variety of financial transactions (deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, etc.).
- Providing information and education about products and services and creating a conversation to help identity what a member may need.
- Making referrals to other team members who specialize in different areas such as loans, investments, mortgages, etc.
What could make you a great candidate for this opportunity?
- A passion for helping people and being part of an awesome team
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Retail experience
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute positively to the team environment
- Teller experience is helpful but not necessary
- Cash handling experience is a plus, but we will train
- Supervisory experience is desirable but not necessary
To apply for an open position:
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to:
Prospera Credit Union
4830 N. Ballard Road
Appleton, WI 54913
Or email: [email protected]
Prospera Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join the Prospera team and be part of a team that is passionately committed to providing personal, tailored guidance to prosperity to each unique member who walks through our doors!