Resources for you
LIFEstageTM Personal Guidance by Prospera Credit Union
LIFEstageTM Personal Guidance for every stage of your financial life.
Prospera - On Your Own
Starting on Your Own is an exciting time! Let Prospera Credit Union help get you off on the right foot financially.
LIFEstageTM Starting On Your Own
Meet Kate! Prospera Credit Union helped her become financially ready to start on her own.
Prospera - Parenting with Teens
Parenting with Teenagers is a challenging and rewarding time. Let Prospera Credit Union help you prepare for dueling financial futures.
Parenting with Teenagers
Meet Jan and Kate! Learn how to help your teen become a financially responsible young adult.
Prospera Credit Union - The Story of Jan & Kate
Meet Jan and Kate! Both are at different stages financially. Watch how Prospera LIFEstageTM helped them!
Budgeting Help: Budgeting 101
Prospera’s Director of Marketing walks through the budgeting process and a budgeting worksheet.
LIFEstageTM Personal Guidance by Prospera Credit Union
Prospera created LIFEstageTM Personal Guidance to help individuals and families manages their finances through all stages of life.
College Budgeting Worksheet
A modified version of our general budgeting worksheet specifically catered to college students.
Prospera Credit Union Scholarship Application
Prospera is giving away two $500 scholarships.
Money Smart Week Scholarship Application
In support of Wisconsin’s Money Smart Week, the Money Smart Week Fox Cities Committee and its partner organizations are sponsoring the Money Smart Scholarship Contest. Graduating high school seniors are encouraged to answer this year’s Money Smart Question (see below) with an essay of 500-750 words. Three finalists will be selected and one student will be named this year’s Money Smart Scholarship winner and receive a $1,000 scholarship. Two runner-ups will each receive a $500 scholarship.
Do you know how much you’re spending each month? Use this budgeting analysis to create a monthly budget.
Checklist - Starting on Your Own
This one-page PDF is to help those who are newly starting on their own.
Checklist - Singles
This one-page PDF is to help get singles on the right financial track.
Checklist - Couples
This one-page PDF is a simple checklist to get that financial conversation started between a couple.
Checklist - Parenting Young Children
This one page PDF is for parents with young children to get on the right financial track.
Checklist - Parenting with Teenagers
This one page PDF is for parents with teenagers to help plan for dueling financial futures.
Checklist - Empty Nesters
This one page PDF is for empty nesters.
Checklist - Retirees
This one-page PDF is a simple checklist for new (or almost) retirees to get their finances in order.
Checklist - Divorced
This one-page PDF is to help through the difficult journey of divorce.
Checklist Transitions - Widow/Widower
This one-page PDF is to help with the difficult financial transition of becoming a widow or widower.
2019 Year End Tax Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for your tax information?
- If your account qualifies for a printed tax form, you will receive it shortly
- If you login to ITSME247 you can review your tax information by clicking on the My Accounts tab and then select the Dividend/Interest Summary link
- Copies of the tax forms that were mailed will be available in the online member portal within ITSME247 where you currently view eStatements and copies of receipts
I didn’t get my 1099-INT by January 31st like I am supposed to; where is it?
- A 1099 is only generated if total non-IRA dividends earned is more than $10 for that social security number
My 1099-INT says I earned $25.26, but I only have a small savings account with you. How is that possible?
- All refer-a-friend and other such promotions are reported as taxable income per IRS regulations – did you receive any of those?
I’m doing my taxes and the software is asking for the Credit Union’s tax ID number; what is it?
What’s a 1099-R?
- This form shows all reportable IRA withdrawals and must be mailed by January 31
What is a 5498?
- This form reports all IRA contributions; you have until April 15, 2019 to make 2018 contributions so this form is not mailed until May 31
My investment advisor needs to know the fair market value of my IRAs; what is it?
- This information is needed to calculate a Required Minimum Distribution if over 70.5 years old and is printed on the December 31 statement
When can Federal Tax Refunds be deposited?
- Federal refunds can be deposited any day of the week Monday – Friday
- Federal Refund Hotline: 1-800-829-1954 or www.irs.gov
How can I check on the status of my refund?
- The fastest and easiest way to find out about your current refund is to visit www.irs.gov and click on Where’s My Refund or you can call the hotline number listed above. Be sure to have a copy of your current tax return available because you will need to know your social security number shown on the return, the filing status and the exact whole dollar amount of the refund
When can State refunds be deposited?
- State refunds can be deposited any day of the week Monday – Friday
- Toll Free Phone: 866-947-7363 or www.dor.state.wi.us
How can I check the status of my refund?
- Call the toll free number above or visit www.dor.state.wi.us and click Check On Your Refund
- Typical processing times are one full week from day acknowledgement is received for e-files and up to 12 weeks from mail date for paper files
2018 Annual Meeting
What: 2018 Annual Meeting
When: April 2, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
Where: Bridgewood Best Western
1000 Cameron Way
Neenah, WI 54956