We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we request or you provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this digital privacy statement.
In compliance with COPPA, Prospera Credit Union is committed to protecting the online privacy of the children who visit our website. The Credit Union's website and online services are not directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from children under the age of 13. Should Prospera Credit Union receive information (name, address, email, account number, telephone, social security number) from a child known to be under 13, the information will only be used to respond directly to the child, seek parental consent, or provide parental notice. Prospera is not responsible for the data collection and use practices of non-affiliated third parties.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postal code, age, gender and preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We may use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
- We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that are based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have robust notice of, and the user’s prior affirmative (i.e., opt-in) consent to, that merger.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Learn more about how Prospera Credit Union protects your information and what you can do to further ensure your online information is safe: Security.
Analytics, Display Advertising and Interest-Based Advertising Disclosure
Prospera Credit Union implements the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We utilize these services to serve more relevant advertising experiences across the web based on previous visits to our website.
- We may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Which means third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Prospera Credit Union and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the AdWords & DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our website.
- Prospera Credit Union and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to serve more relevant advertising experiences across the web – based on previous visits to our website.
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Facebook Remarketing and Custom Audiences
- You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting. To do so, go to www.aboutads.info/choices and set your data collection and ad preferences.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and serve more relevant advertising experiences across the web – based on previous visits to our website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this digital privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Prospera Credit Union at the mailing address provided below or by leaving a message via our contact form. Please do not include your account number, social security number or any other confidential information within this form.
- stating your desired restriction of our use of your personal information within the comments section of the contact form you are submitting.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may apply.
When requesting copies of or contacting Prospera Credit Union regarding your personal information we will first need to verify your identity before releasing or updating any information.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
PROSPERA CREDIT UNION
Attention: Marketing Communications
4830 N. Ballard Rd.
Appleton, WI 54913
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or contact us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.